Friday 12 December 2014

Christmas jumper day!

Now I know this should have been an improvement post but I was off work yesterday and it was Christmas jumper day which I kept seeing everywhere so rather than do my improvement blog I thought I'd give Christmas jumper nails a go! 

I absolutely adore these nails, which I know is a bit braggy to say, but I'm usually my own worst critic so throwing a compliment out there every once in a while is fine in my book.


Rather annoyingly the photo went a little bit out of focus when I added my watermark but aside from that they are exactly what I wanted. I've seen countless jumper designs that are red and white, blue and white or a combination of those 3 colours, but then yesterday I stumbled across some turquoise and pink ones on Pinterest which looked so different but yet still Christmassy that I need to find my own variation in this.


These were done almost entirely using the O.P.I Nordic Collection. I hadn't used them at all before this but I kept staring at the gorgeous colours every time I went to paint my nails so had to settle on them for this really. 

As much as I love the green base (My Dogsled is a Hybrid) it didn't go on very easily. It's difficult to explain, it wasn't thick but it wasn't thin or watery either. It took three coats and was very streaky on all three coats until I smoothed it over with my topcoat. It dried quickly and looks great, but it's not something you're going to want to use in a hurry! I've read other bloggers reviews and their experiences are so different, it may have easily just been my bottle or the fact it was a mini!


Overall though I would definitely use this collection again. I only have 4 bottles but after reading the review by Polish Insomniac I really want the rest of them.

For this manicure I used Essie "Grow Stronger", Maybelline "Watery Waste", O.P.I "My Dogsled is a Hybrid", "Do You Have This Colour in Stock-Holm" and "My Voice is a Little Norse". This time I changed up my top coat to "Insta-Dri" by Sally Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment