Tuesday 23 December 2014

Something to brighten your day

What better way to spend my Christmas break from work then to catch up with the blog and get this improvement post up!

Looking through my photos this was the first ever gradient I did. Now it's not the worst I've seen or done for that matter, but I've learnt quite a bit since this original one. For example I now wet the sponge before using it so I don't get chunks of sponge stuck on my nails, as I did with my early gradients and I also put a white base down to enhance the paler colours and really make them pop.


There's quite a lot of room for improvement here but as I say for a first attempt it is quite good. The main issue is again I'm still using false nails that I've stuck on myself and they make for this really ugly border of nail polish where I've tried to blend he false nail in to the real one and ended up with polish all over my cuticles. Plus realistically the birds are just V's....


Now I'll be the first to say I'm not that keen on this recreation. Yes the gradient is good and the clean up is fine but personally I think the birds are a little big. They were created by painting white polish on a sandwich bag, leaving it a few days to dry and then using a hole punch in the shape of a bird to cut it out. The method I'm in love with because they look perfect but in this instance they are a little too large.


Overall I'd say I'm fairly happy with it but there are still things that can be altered to put it more in the direction of what I envisaged. Let's be honest though I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to nails that it may never happen!

For this manicure I used Essie 'Grow Stronger', Barry M 'Lemon Ice Cream' and 'Matte White', Rimmel 'Hot & Spicy', Sally Hansen 'Back to the Fucshia' and Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dri'.



No comments:

Post a Comment