Monday 17 November 2014

And so this is Christmas.....

This was an improvement post I was really not looking forward to doing. I've always loved how half moon manicures looked on other, clearly more talented, girls but for some reason I just cannot get the curve right on mine and it ends up looking like a straight line. I think if I was really honest I even knew back then this didn't look good but I was just proud of being able to do anything other than plainly painting my nails.


The only positive I can find for this is that it isn't a claw! But realistically it just looks like colour blocking and it makes my hands/nails look so short and stumpy.

For my recreation I realised this wasn't something I was ever going to improve on by just doing the same thing all over again so I've mixed it up slightly and the result is the below.


Now I have to be honest and say this really was not my best work. This is the first time I have used polishes by So Susan Cosmetics and don't get me wrong the go on quite well, definitely require a second stroke due to streaks, but the green is so dark it stains incredibly easily. I used a lot of pure acetone to try and clean this up but even that couldn't get clean lines with the green.


I do love the combination of colours though. I've been in such a Christmassy mood for the last few weeks and these polishes just came together so beautifully to create my first Christmas-themed manicure of the year.

Overall I'd say there is some improvement in the sense I knew these were not my strong point and modified it to make something that possibly, in easier colours to clean up, would be really lovely.

For this manicure I used Essie "Grow Stronger" as a base, "Red Cape", "Ice Queen" and "Mermaid" by So Susan and of course "HK Girl" by Glisten and Glow.



No comments:

Post a Comment