Saturday 29 November 2014

Insomnia

My first attempt at dream catcher nails was so appallingly bad that I haven't attempted them again until now. I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at photo after photo on Pinterest to get some inspiration, and also to convince myself it wasn't  the mammoth task I'd worked it up to be!

Looking at this first attempt there is just so much wrong with it. There is no clean up at all (to this day I still can't paint my nails without getting paint on the cuticle and skin), the picture was taken with flash which gives it that rather attractive yellow glow and of course always take your photo on carpet....


I honestly don't know why I thought this was acceptable enough to take a photo of, but at least it shows me how I've improved over the last 18 months.


Now my recreation is something I am so proud of. I can't for the life of me paint feathers despite try after try so rather than attempt something I knew would fail I decided to stick actual feathers on my nails. It was incredibly fiddly and required my boyfriends hands to help out but it looks so good. 

I actually want to try all these other designs I saw for dream catcher nails because I think the above was such a success. It's a composite of all the ideas I've taken in recently and the fit together perfectly, plus the glitter gradient nails have gone well with 2 types of glitter. 



For this manicure I used Essie "Grow Stronger", O.P.I "My Vampire is Buff", Barry M "Pomegranate", Rimmel "Wild Orchid", Rimmel "Breakfast in Bed", Essie "Jazzy Jubilant", Maybelline Color Show "White Splatter" and Glisten and Glow "HK Girl". 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're being way too harsh on yourself - I really the first design! But I guess we're all our own worst critics. The new mani is gorgeous though. And I love the base colour x

    ReplyDelete