Monday 22 September 2014

Brilliant in blue!

These nails are mostly inspired by the lovely powder blue on the index and pinky fingers as well as the glitter topper. The rest was just built around this. I've seen a lot of flowers on dotty backgrounds so I was probably influenced by that too. 

When I started out with nails I wasn't remotely fussed with floral nails. They looked so complicated and they just weren't my style, but now I love these vintage style designs with roses and dots. I want to do them all the time but have to keep in mind they should be varied.


Now I admit there are some problems with these nails. When cleaning up the acetone, I managed to drag the blue flower and mix it with the nude base a little, creating that odd look near the cuticles. Also my cuticles and the skin around my nails looks very dry which is not the case in person. But other than that I'm quite pleased with them.


Writing this blog is really encouraging me to try designs I haven't done before. Whilst I have done floral manicures, of course, I'm yet to actually do any on anything other than a plain background. I love how rather than clashing or fighting with the dots, the flowers fit perfectly and make a lovely addition to what otherwise would be quite plain.


The colours I used for this were 'My Vampire is Buff' by O.P.I, 'Mind the gap, Victoria' by Rimmel London, 'Midnight Cami' by Essie and 'Confetti' by Urban Outfitters. They work so well and I'm excited about doing more nude and blue manis!

No comments:

Post a Comment