Saturday 27 September 2014

In a galaxy far far away....

Welcome to my third improvement post! 

This is one I've been looking forward to for a little while! A lot of other bloggers are doing Galaxy nails at the moment but since I knew this was coming up I held off doing any. This is only the second time I have ever done this design on my nails. I've seen so many amazing ones that it's actually put me off doing any because of how bad I'm worried I'll look in comparison.


I can vividly remember doing these last year. I was so proud of myself and looked at them constantly because of how amazing I thought they looked. Compared to the previous couple of nail designs I'd done these were, in my mind anyway, quite advanced and more like nail art.

Looking back at them now they look awful. The picture is blurry, there are flecks of nail polish around my nails, the colours aren't blended properly, you can see how bumpy they are because there obviously wasn't any top coat on them and of course the claw continues! On the positive side they did give me the confidence to start trying slightly more difficult things, as you should see in future posts.


My inspiration for the colours in this new version came from the film Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a brilliant film and because it's set in space it is a great source of inspiration for kooky nail art.

I am so pleased with how they have turned out. A friend said they had a Big Bang look to them which seems very apt. The colours go beautifully together and the glitter on top does make it look very much like space.


There is no comparison really to my first attempt; a little bit of glitter and a top coat can do wonders for most designs! Rather than the colours just being put in different areas they've been layered up and blended together to give the design a more realistic effect.

In planning for this manicure I did a whole host of Galaxy nails in different colours so I could pick which looked best and this easily outshone the others. The others, however, were very pretty and will be kept as potential backgrounds for other designs.


For this design I used my trusty base coat "Help me Grow" by Essie, "Black Satin" by Rimmel, "Encore" by Ciaté, "Mediterranean" by Barry M, "Teal" by Barry M and "Fairy Dust" by China Glaze (this was meant for Galaxy nails!). My top coat was of course the brilliant "H K Girl" by Glisten and Glow.






No comments:

Post a Comment