Sunday 7 September 2014

Get to know me!

I thought my very first post should be about me so you could get to know me before I start up properly.



The idea behind these blogs will be nail care and nail art. I'm by no means a professional or expert but I really enjoy painting my nails and I try to put in a lot of effort in terms of caring for them. It wasn't always the case, I used to have stained and brittle nails from a total lack of care but I've worked hard to make them look good even with nothing on them.

I've only been doing this for 18 months so I'm still improving a lot. It all started when a friend did my nails for a night out and painted owls on for me giving them little stuck on pearl details. I didn't even know it was possible for ordinary people to do these things, I thought it was only in nail salons that you could get this kind of art work. After that I began buying more nail polish and started watching YouTube videos all the time. My friends now look to me to do their nails for a night out which is a brilliant feeling. 


I currently live with my boyfriend of 8 and a half years who is unbelievebly supportive of the time and money I spend on this and actually asks me to paint his little finger nails whenever I do my nails.

In any other spare time I have I'm a bit of a history fanatic. I subscribe to a history magazine and love historical books/TV programmes. Also I love Greys Anatomy, probably my favourite TV show. Obsessed! 

My plan is it post twice a week to begin with. One will be a improvement post. I will recreate old designs I've done starting with the oldest and working up. The other will be either a review of a product or I will write about the design I am wearing that week. If you have any suggestions for designs you want me to try or products you want me to test out just let me know :-)

My Instagram and Facebook names are exactly the same as the blog, fingertipped and I would love it if you guys went over and had a look there as well.

This post should be the first of many and I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment