Tuesday 9 September 2014

From messy beginnings.....

So my very first improvement post!

These nails were painted Valentines Day 2013 for a "The Incredibles" themed girls night out. It was a brilliant night and I thought these nails were the bees knees. How embarrassing!


As you can see there was no such thing as clean up, watermarking, good lighting or any kind of decent hand posture, aside from "the claw"! These were done on false stick-on nails, the glue from which completely dried out my skin and nails. 

Since then I feel like I've come a long way and this is my new attempt.




The latest manicure is far improved from where it was. There was no flash used, thank god; I used to think that was the only way to light a photo! Also the clean up just makes it all look crisper and cleaner on the edges. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's perfect but in terms of progression it's come on leaps and bounds.

I'm never usually one for practice makes perfect, anyone would tell you I say "if at first you don't succeed give up", but this definitely makes me see it's worth it. If nothing else the health and condition of my hands and nails is a million miles better than where it was, Which to me is the most important part. It's lovely having pretty nails but there's really no point if your cuticles are dry and your skin is cracked!


The polishes used for this manicure were my base coat of Essie 'Grow on Me'! the red is 'Raspberry' by Barry M, the black is 'Black Satin' by Rimmel London, and the top coat is of course Glisten & Glow's 'HK Girl'. I also used striping tape from Amazon (didn't even own striping tape with the first attempt!) and the studs were a gift from a friend.

Even though this is a very simple design it's lovely to see how far I've come in 17 months.

Please let me know what you think of these posts or what needs improving :)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12840603/?claim=expxd7h75pq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment